The Stillbirth CRE will award top-up funds to PhD students and project-specific support. Students will benefit from attendance and presentations at national conferences, substantial networking opportunities and extensive support in the incorporation of the Stillbirth CRE core values into all aspects of research.
General PhD Project Opportunities
A number of opportunities are available to students who are seeking projects. The Stillbirth CRE can help with completing applications for funding and with helping to shape a project to maximise funding opportunities.
- Reducing smoking in pregnancy; antenatal booking, and throughout pregnancy for smokers
- Risk assessment and surveillance for fetal growth restriction
- Improving detection and management of women with decreased fetal movements
- Increasing maternal safe sleep position practices
- Effective fetal monitoring during labour
- Identifying causes and contributing factors; Investigation, clinical audit and classification
- Respectful and supportive perinatal bereavement care
- Care for parents in subsequent pregnancies after stillbirth
- Classification systems for stillbirths and neonatal deaths; reaching international consensus for data rich settings
- Trends in maternal and pregnancy risk factors in Australia
- Development of a screening test for stillbirth and adverse perinatal outcomes at term
Defining placental mechanisms that influence the risk of stillbirth to develop novel clinically viable biomarkers
Please contact us for further information about these projects.