Through a competitive process, the Stillbirth CRE offers top-up scholarships to eligible PhD students receiving external competitive PhD scholarships (e.g. Australian Postgraduate Award).
2019 PhD Top-Up Scholarship
Applications for 2019 are now closed.
The 2019 PhD top up scholarship scheme are now open. The Stillbirth CRE offers generous top-up scholarships worth up to $9000 for eligible PhD candidates currently receiving a competitive PhD scholarship. These top up scholarships are designed to support exceptional PhD candidates whose projects align with the CREs priority areas and make a meaningful contribution to the CREs program of work.
At a Glance:
• Award Value: Top up of $9000 (Full time candidate) or $4500 (Part time candidate) for 1 year
• Research interests must align with the Stillbirth CREs priority areas
• Principal Supervisor must be a Stillbirth CRE collaborator and this study must sit within the CREs program of work
• The candidate must be enrolled in a PhD in 2019 and hold a competitive PhD scholarship (Please note: final year candidates who plan to submit in 2019 are not eligible)
• Previous recipients of this award are eligible to reapply
The selection criteria used for judging these scholarships will include the following three components:
• Merit of the proposal (40%),
• Merit/track record of the applicant relative to opportunity and their perceived potential for ongoing stillbirth research (40%) and
• Alignment of the research to the Stillbirth CRE and its objectives (20%)
How to apply:
To apply please email your signed, completed application form and accompanying documentation to email@example.com.
• Completed application form
• Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
• Evidence of enrolment as a PhD candidate in 2019
The Stillbirth CRE can also assist with compiling competitive applications for submission to any internal or external funding body.
A number of additional awards and scholarships are offered annually by our Collaborators, including the Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand (PSANZ). Awards and scholarships are available to students and junior and senior researchers. Annual PSANZ awards and scholarships include:
- PSANZ President's New Investigator Awards
- David Henderson-Smart Scholarship
- Early Career Researcher (ECR) Travel Award
- Ritchie Centre Award For Translational Research
- UNESCO-L’Oréal fellowship for women in science
- Franklin women scholarships