At a glance
Award Value: $9000 (Full time candidate) or $4500 (Part time candidate) for 1 year.
Applications open: 10th December, 2020
Applications close: 27th January, 2021
Terms and Conditions:
If you are awarded this scholarship, you must:
- Provide a short written report (with a photo) about your projects key outcomes for 2021, for use on the Stillbirth CRE website and newsletters (to be provided by 1st November 2021)
- Attend and present an update of your project at the Stillbirth CRE Annual National Stillbirth Forum in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Acknowledge the support/contribution of the scholarship provider (Stillbirth CRE) when publishing or presenting material that relates to the research project.
- Research project must align with the Stillbirth CREs priority areas (https://www.stillbirthcre.org.au/about-us/our-objectives/).
- Principal Supervisor must be a Stillbirth CRE collaborator (https://www.stillbirthcre.org.au/collaboration/).
- The candidate must be enrolled in a PhD in 2021 and hold a competitive PhD scholarship. (Please note: final year candidates who plan to submit in the first 6 months of 2021 are NOT eligible to apply). Consideration (on a case by case basis) will be given to awarding part scholarships for those applicants planning to submit in the last 6 months of 2021.
- Previous recipients of this award are eligible to reapply.
The selection criteria used for judging these scholarships will include the following three components:
- Merit of the proposal (40%),
- Merit/track record of the applicant relative to opportunity and their perceived potential for ongoing stillbirth research (40%) and
- Alignment of the research to the Stillbirth CRE and its objectives (20%)
How to apply:
To apply please email your signed, completed application form and accompanying documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- Evidence of enrolment as a PhD candidate in 2021
For further information, please contact Dr Christine Andrews, email@example.com.
- If you are planning to complete your PhD (submit) in 2021 please contact us to discuss your eligibility prior to completing an application form.
- We welcome expressions of interest from all those working on projects that are aligned with the overarching objectives and values of the Stillbirth CRE. All collaborations are guided by our Shared Understanding for Collaboration, which can be found here.