The Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand is a multidisciplinary society dedicated to improving the health and long term outcomes for mothers and their babies. PSANZ encompasses and strongly encourages research focused on mothers and babies during pregnancy and at birth as well as the health of the newborn as its development continues after birth.
The Society fosters communication and collaboration between all those involved in perinatal research and in the care of the mother and baby during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period and offers professional, political, administrative and educational advice.
The work of the Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand in improving maternity care through policy development and education led to the development of the Stillbirth CRE. The Stillbirth CRE and PSANZ continue to work seamlessly in this area.
PSANZ aims to:
- Advance the theory and practice of Perinatology
- Encourage training and research
- Provide expert advice to government and other bodies
- Collaborate with all relevant organisations or professions
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with relevant international bodies